What type of information do you collect?
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
How do you collect information?
When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
Why do you collect such personal information?
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
To provide and operate the Services;
To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How do you store, use, share and disclose your site visitors' personal information?
This website is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by this website adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
How do you communicate with your site visitors?
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes, we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
Wix.com, the host of this website, uses a number of cookies to facilitate any transactions you may make whilst you browse this website, to support our use of tracking technologies for website analytics and to provide a more streamlined user experience. The cookies used by Wix.com are detailed in the table below. Some or all of these cookies may be used during your visit to this website.
How can I withdraw my consent?
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact form on this site.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at email@example.com or by using the contact form on this site.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Wix and your chosen payment gateway - ie. Wix, Square or PayPal - to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for customised orders, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as
1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Accountants and Accounting Software Providers. I share basic information relating to all sales with a qualified accountant, and this information is stored in online accounting software provided by FreeAgent. This is necessary for HMRC tax reporting purposes and compliance with UK law.
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
In compliance with UK tax regulations, I am required to keep data relating to sales for record-keeping and tax reporting purposes. I generally retain your personal data for up to 7 years from the date at which funds were received into my accounts for each sale. Some of your personal information, associated with purchases you have made through this website (for example, information attached to invoices or receipts), must be retained by law for these purposes. After this period I will no longer retain your data.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer. To facilitate the running of my business, and to help prevent accidental data loss, I use cloud storage services provided by Google, Microsoft and Dropbox, all of which are certified under Privacy Shield.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Joshua Murfitt, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the contact form on this site.